Not hired a skip recently? Here are the answers to the most common questions we get asked here at Skip Save.

If you’ve got a question that’s not covered below, then please give us a call.

As a guide it needs to be 9-10 feet wide at the entrance, also make sure there aren’t any wires or low branches above where the skip is going.

Skips can be used for the removal of non-hazardous waste such as building debris, household items and green waste etc. It is illegal to put hazardous waste in with non-hazardous waste, if you have any doubts please phone us.

  • solvents
  • corrosive liquid
  • biological waste
  • medical waste
  • laboratory waste
  • batteries
  • aerosols
  • gas canisters
  • pesticides
  • anti-freeze
  • paint
  • waste oils
  • motor oils
  • tyres
  • fire extinguishers
  • florescent tubes and light bulbs
  • televisions and computer monitors
  • fridges
  • mattresses
  • asbestos
  • plasterboard
  • explosives

If you’re not sure of anything else please phone us.

It can go anywhere on private property, if it can only go in the road you will need to apply to the local council for a permit, If you are refused a permit we can offer a wait and load service, which means the driver will wait with the skip while its loaded (they might even help).

The normal hire period is 7days, but you can do longer if arranged but up to a maximum of three weeks.

By law you are not supposed to over-fill your skip, this is to ensure the skip is safe to transport, please ensure it is not filled past the top of the sides, if it looks like you will need another skip call for another one.